Friday, June 11, 2010

Nadine a Friend for life - Nadine une amie pour la vie

Now let me introduce you to Nadine! Nadine and I have been friends for almost as long as I can remember I think my first memories of Nadz (as we affectionately call her) are from grade 2 or 3. I remember going over to her house after school to swim and sleepover parties. In grade six Nadine went to a new school for smart kids :) She's very smart. So we were apart until high school funny how when you are young simply changing schools changes the whole dynamic of a friendship.

We quickly found each other the first week of high school and never let distance get between us again. I have had my fare share of moves from Cornwall to Barrie to Alberta back to Cornwall to Montreal and finally to Toronto. The coolest part is that now I find myself living only a short 5 minute drive from Nadz just like when we were little.

Nadine has suffered from Arthritis for a very long time. People often associate the disease with old age but this frustrates me because it affects people of all ages. Nadine never complains she is truly a strong woman. Sure she had to miss out on many nights out camping with friends because of the pain but you never hear her complain. She was always honest about not being able to come along and we respected her decisions to stay home when the pain was too much. If only there was a cure.

I am happy that I can finally do my part to help. Help the girl that was there through those rough years of high school and even helped me write my speech for my sister's wedding! Which was a big hit BTW!

The 6800$ that I will raise will be used to fund research for treatments and a cure for Arthritis. Remember I need your help please follow this link to donate.


Bon voici une introduction à Nadine mon héroïne! Mes premiers souvenirs de Nadz (sobriquet que nous lui donnons) date de la deuxième et troisième année. Je me souviens de plusieurs après midi dans sa piscine et des parties de fête chez elles. En sixième année j'ai perdu Nadine de vu puisqu'elle est allé à une école pour les bollés! Elle est super intelligente voyez! Et quand on est petit si on ne se vois pas à l'école ça change complètement la dynamique entre 2 amies.

Mais une fois rendu au secondaire on c'est vite retrouvé je dirais même en dedans d'une semaine. Et jamais depuis avons-nous laissé la distance nous séparer et il y en a eu de la distance puisque je suis déménager de Cornwall à Barrie à Lethbridge (Alberta) de nouveau à Cornwall à Montréal et finalement à Toronto. Le plus cool c'est que maintenant nous habitons à 5 minutes tout comme quand on était petite.

Nadine souffre depuis longtemps. Souvent l'arthrite est associé avec l'age mais ce n'est pas toujours le cas. Nadine se plein jamais elle est très forte. Certainement elle a dû manquer du camping avec des amies à cause de la douleur mais elle ne chiale jamais. Elle a toujours été honnête et on respectait sa décision de rester chez elle a cause de la douleur. Si seulement il y avait une guérison.

Je suis super contente que je peux finalement aider. Aider mon amie qui a été là pendant les années du secondaire et qui m'a même aidé avec mon discours pour les noces de ma sœur! Ce discours a été un grand succès en passant.

Le 6800$ que je vais amasser ira à la société de l'arthrite pour la recherche. J'ai besoins de vous pour atteindre mon bût visiter ce lien pour donner.

Pour contribuer visitez:

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=2152&mid=9&pid=276614


Please donate to my campaign online @

http://arthritis.akaraisin.com/p/nancypaquette.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Nadine's story, Nancy.

    It's so important to get the word out about arthritis, and to debunk all of the myths out there - like that it's only a disease of the elderly, which just isn't true! I'm sure camping trips are just one of the many things Nadine has missed out on, and it's crucial for people to realize what a big impact arthritis can have on someone's life and relationships.

    ReplyDelete